ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Beginners Questions: how to add missing fields? Code lists? Travel Industry extensions?

At 2007-10-30 19:16 +0000, Joel Paula wrote:
>I have already studied OIOUBL, NES and CCI-UBL.

Well done!

>The best documentation we have seen is the CCI-UBL, that mixes both the
>context information (Use case and activity diagrams) and the implementation
>(XML examples). Coupled with a visit to the schemas at NES or OIOUBL
>website, it makes a very good work basis (if you understand spanish, that
>is).

(yes, there is that)

>It is available at
>http://www.granada.org/obj.nsf/in/EJOIMPS/$file/4ESPECIFICACIONES_eFactura.pdf

Thank you for the reference.

>NES seems to be the most broad and open implementation, it is in English and
>it takes care of the VAT "stuff" for Europe. We are going to use it as our
>guideline. Do you think this is a good idea?

Absolutely, yes.

Be aware that the NES guidelines are feeding the new BII project,
which in turn will be feeding the upcoming UBL 2.1 requirements:

   http://www.en.ds.dk/bii

>For code lists, we are going to use UN/CEFACT or NES, as specified at NES'
>website. When needed, we will use our own.

Excellent.  UN/CEFACT have announced they will be publishing their
code lists in genericode.

You should be aware of the work going on in the Code List
Representation Technical Committee for the formal specification of
the association between code lists and document contexts.  A recent
revision of the context/value association file specification was
published on the weekend:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200710/msg00013.html

>We are already building our UBLExtension and namespace.

Excellent.

>Ken Holman: how do we submit relevant requirements to the UBL Technical
>Committee?  I couldn't make it from the Oasis ubl (tc) website.

I guess we haven't said formally yet how to do that.  We don't have a
generic "editors@" kind of mail list.

Unless someone tells me I'm advising you incorrectly, I suggest you
use the formal comment list for the technical committee.  When you go
to the home page for the committee:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

... you'll see three buttons below the committee title and one is
labeled "Send a comment".  I believe that is the best way to get your
requirements formally submitted to the UBL TC while following OASIS
submission guidelines.

>About travel industry customization: we will start by providing our
>customers the basics and, as we add needed functionality, we will try to
>make it compatible with Open Travel Alliance (opentravel.org)
>specifications. If we have relevant customization work, we will publish it
>online.

Well done!

>Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Good luck and have fun!!  It sounds like you are off to a successful start.

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/