ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Using Invoice for other document types?

At 2007-10-30 21:07 +0000, Joel Paula wrote:
>Documentation from CCI-UBL or the Portugueses public institution normative
>for UBL, uses the Invoice document for other types of financial documents
>(e.g.: credit notes, debit notes and orders), in spite of the available
>CreditNote, DebitNote and Order.
>Is this a perversion of UBL or is this customisation OK? It certainly makes
>matters simple.

The UBL technical committee only standardizes the document models
used for information interchange, it does not mandate any business
process or conventions of use of the available document models to
meet anyone's particular requirements.

Communities of users will standardize business processes and
conventions of using UBL documents for different business
requirements.  OIOUBL, NES and CCI-UBL are all examples of how
communities of users have published their expectations of the use of
standardized UBL document models.

You are welcome to use UBL documents in any fashion you wish ... the
only normative aspect of the UBL 2.0 specification is that you use
XML documents and that those documents validate against the normative
XSD document models.

Note that there are communities of users creating document models
that are compatible at the model level with UBL in that their
business objects are derived from UBL business objects.  But at the
document interchange level those documents would not be considered
conformant, only compatible.  In our preliminary discussions of UBL
Conformance we are basing this distinction by describing UBL
Compatibility at the model level and UBL Conformance at the document level.

This is all being spelled out in committee documents and the editors
are underway with drafts for committee review.

I hope this helps.

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/