ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Using Invoice for other document types?

El 30/10/2007, a las 22:07, Joel Paula escribió:

> Documentation from CCI-UBL or the Portugueses public institution
> normative
> for UBL, uses the Invoice document for other types of financial
> documents
> (e.g.: credit notes, debit notes and orders), in spite of the
> available
> CreditNote, DebitNote and Order.

Hi Joel,

CCI UBL is focused on the Invoice. It has not been the intention of
this project to customize the order or other documents from the
eProcurement cicle. Nevertheless, when trying to define profiles
related with the Invoice, the requirement to amend invoices has
arised and the requirement of other UBL documents has been required.
Due to the law in Spain, we cannot use CreditNote as the mechanism to
correct mistakes in previous invoices, but a document called "Factura
Rectificativa" that is an special type of invoice with some special
components referring to the corrected invoice.

This has lead us to (i) define a new document called AmendmentInvoice
(for instance), (ii) use the InvoiceTypeCode to state the type of the
invoice and use the own components of the UBL 2.0 Invoice to hold the
required data on a AmendmentInvoice, or (iii) use the CreditNote as
an Amendment Invoice.

Our first approach has been using the second option, that maybe is
not correct under the semantycs point of view but as you stated,
makes things easier. When adding other documents like Order, Despatch
Advice and so on, CCI UBL will need to redefine some Profiles and
think again about the business process of amending an Invoice.

Under my point of view, this kind of things need to be aligned
between the different European Member countries as they share the
same Directives and I hope those issues will be addressed in the CEN
WS on Interoperability BII.

I hope this helps,
Oriol Bausą
Invinet Sistemes