ubl-dev message

Subject: ExtensibleContent

Hello!

We are currently implementing a system for the storage and exchange of
electronic invoices in Norway, called "Fakturabank". For the transmission of
invoices we have decided to use NES-UBL - and thus, indirectly, UBL.

Upon reviewing the danish OIOXML standard, we found some extensions to UBL
which could have been useful for this application, for example:
 * ExtensibleContent
 * EncodedDocument

Browsing the list archives I've found that the inclusion of at least
ExtensibleContent have been up for discussion before, however I cannot seem
to find a conclusion:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00099.html
  http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00015.html

So, what is the status on this? More specifically, will this or some
equivalent feature find its way into UBL-2.1?

These are some of our use cases:
1) Possibility to represent and store structured customer-specific and
system-specific data attached to invoices on both Invoice and InvoiceLine
level.
2) Meta-information concerning the processing state of an invoice, i.e:
   - Has this invoice been forwarded to the client's accounting system?
   - Has a reminder of a passed duedate been sent?
   - Does this invoice have attachments? etc.

--
Regards,
Kristian Berge Nessa

Cavatina Software AS - Systems development & Free Software consulting
Einervn. 2A, N-4056 Tananger, Norway
Tel.: +47 414 49 991