ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL for sending Shipping Line rates

probably the nearest thing is the Electronic Freight Management System
(EFM) project being coordinated by the US Dept of Transport.
(http://www.itsdocs.fhwa.dot.gov/JPODOCS/REPTS_TE/14246.htm)

when i saw a demonstration lately i noted the system allowed shippers to
get quotes for freight so i suspect it covers some of your ground.

from memory i think they based their messages on the UBL Despatch
Advice, Order and Transport Status, but you may want to check with the
project manager Mike Onder at  Michael.Onder@dot.gov