ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Using Standard OASIS, SFTI Basic Invoice_1.0.zip (copying a threadabout SFTI Invoice)

according to the error message in graphic the XSD schema you are loading
is not the one in the 'maindoc' folder.  it i still the one in "SFTI
Basic Invoice_1.0\fsv\xsd".  it should be "SFTI Basic
Invoice_1.0\fsv\xsd\maindoc".

i can see a slight problem with trying to use XMLSpy to  generate an XML
file that contains all possible data fields.  The schema contains
recursive structures, such as a Package may contain another Package.
This means generators like XMLSpy don't know when to stop creating
Packages within Packages.  XMLSpy has no "stop after x number of levels"
options.  So typically they give up or create a document fragment.

also we have estimated that there are nearly 1 million elements in a
'complete' invoice document.  I know the SFTI subset is smaller but even
so I am not sure it would be helpful to create such a thing.  what would
you be trying to map to?

the best resource we have for these issues is the ubl-dev mailing list.
i will copy this email to that list (which i encourage you to join at
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/).  you also may want to browse some
of the tools avilable at the UBL support page
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-ssc)

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228