ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Invoice fields

Hi Jonas

There is no qualifier for the originator of the invoice. The qualifier
'Originator' refers to the person or party which wrote/requisitioned
the Order and is used in an Invoice for the OriginatorDocumentReference
(which I take to be the document reference associated with the Order's
OriginatorCustomerParty). The person or party creating the invoice may
be other than the Supplier (a factoring agent say) but whoever does this
is deemed to be acting on behalf of the supplier, representing the supplier,
i.e. "the Supplier (in their Accounting role)" as the UBL 2.0 spec puts it.
So the UBL 2.0 Invoice is defined in the UBL 2.0 process diagram,
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/art/UBL-2.0-BillingwithCreditNoteProcess.jpg
as being sent
from AccountingSupplier, i.e. "Supplier (in their Accounting role)",
inv:Invoice/cac:AccountingSupplierParty,
to AccountingCustomer, i.e. "Customer (in their Accounting role)"
inv:Invoice/cac:AccountingCustomerParty.

(If there is factoring agent then they usually require payment to them
rather than to the Supplier, in which case they are the PayeeParty.)

So the business rule is that whoever originates the Invoice is acting
on behalf of the Supplier and only the SupplierParty and possibly a
PayeeParty are refered to in the invoice.

If you have to add an originator party as a further custom party then
the existing qualifier used for that is Originator. Maybe it would be
suitably called OriginatorSupplierParty. This might be enough to
distinguish it from the Order's OriginatorCustomerParty but there might
be confusion about what OriginatorDocumentReference then means
so you might want to choose another qualifier other than Originator.
That would be up to the customizer I think since there is no controlled
vocabulary qualifier existing already in UBL, as far as I know.

That's my opinion anyway.

Best regards

--
Stephen D. Green