ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] How big can the invoice number field be?

Yes, well caught David :-)

And of course you also need a framework (like ebXML with ebBP and ebCPPA)
to properly document all this in a potentially machine-processable way. If not
using ebXML there might be some challenges e.g. with WSDL there doesn't
seem to be a way in WSDL itself to declare the extra datatype restrictions for
runtime use. You might have to rely on design-time documentation and hard-
coding. I'm trying to see how far the OASIS TAG TC output might carry you if
you need to declare the restrictions with prose first - a nice 'test assertion'
representation XML markup (if we produce one) should allow generation of
test suites (for conformance on a large scale warranting automated repeatable
testing of many endpoints/parties), CAM, Schematron, HTML prose, whatever.
Worth keeping an eye on the OASIS TAMIE TC work too in this regard. Depends
how far you need to go and how many expected parties, etc.