ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Applicability of 'Forwarding instructions' in theabsence of an ordering context

> - whether UBL's processes are applicable at all
> - whether the request to the transport service supplier is an order
> or a forwarding request

I agree this is simply a case for a UBL Order abiding by the
Order process.

> - how to best go about extending the appropriate document to provide
> the transport parameters to the
>    service provider (location, vehicle plate number,  time of pick up
> etc.) - this seems like a general
>    issue when ordering services, ...yes?

UBL provides an extension element which should, I'm confident, be
used for exactly this kind of case. Just need to design a schema
to use for the Extension. If that is too onerous or poses problems
or expense with interoperability then probably best to use the
Note and/or Description in the Order document - at line or document
level. The Note elements are included for precisely such purposes
as this.

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner