ubl-dev message

Subject: EDI to UBL. Implementation questions.

Hi All,  We are currently developing an integration project which includes EDI mapping to a selected XML standard. We've been studying the different standards available out there and I am working on the UBL one. Basically, I need to map POs, ASN (Advace Ship Notices) and Invoices between EDI (X12) and UBL.  First, theres segments, data elements and qualifiers that may not have a direct correspondance within the UBL. Example: Segment DTM, qualifier for Expiration date for food.  Second, about ASN I am not sure if to choose  the Despatch Advise squema. We usually follow a hierarchy like ( Shipment, Order, Package, Item ) but there is no clear way of how to implement this in the Despatch Advice Squema. One ASN may be handling good of several different POs.  Almost always we need to report how the goods are going to be packed, example, Box 1{ 4 items of A, two items of B } Box 2 {5 items of B} and so on.. Is this possible in the DespatchAdvice squema? I wouldn't like to have to customize a standard squema for my own purposes.. , but in case I need to is that considered a good practice?   Thanks a lot for your help on this matter,   MiguelMontreal, Canada