ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UBL and CCTS: Improvement interoperability=?UTF-8?Q?=3F?=

Danny,

You should also be aware of the US gov work on NIEM.

 http://www.niem.gov

and the GTRI - Georgia Tech Research Institute and IJIS.org that are
supporting this.

The NIEM web site has online tools for searching the component
repository and assembling and wantlist construction with XSD generation.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL and CCTS: Improvement interoperability ?
From: Danny Gaethofs <dgaethofs@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, June 20, 2008 11:09 am
To: "Crawford, Mark" <mark.crawford@sap.com>,
ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Mark,

Concluding from your replies there are only two full implementations of
the CCTS if one categorizes a full implementation as having to comply
to:
1) the use of the base data types as specified by the UN/CEFACT in the
data type catalogue

2) the conceptual and logical data model

I still have a few questions:

- In what perspective do the GDTs of SAP differ from UBL or UN/CEFACT ?
- Does it mean that CCTS standardized the logical data model ? Why can
other standard organization not develop their own data models ?
- What is the role of the CCL ? Can interoperability not be established
if one ensures there is one common CCL ?  If every standards
organization refers to the CCL and used for example the unique id in
their definitions then it is just a matter of mapping values belonging
to unique ids. Is that not what the UDEF is aiming at ?
kind regards,
Danny Gaethofs