ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] JAXB Binding generation for UBLv2: Bad UTF-8

    I'm using the schema definitions as a source (/xsd/common/*). Then the files are compiled and translated to java sources by the xjc tool, and an erroneous character is placed in the java source files in place of the double quotes. The "unmappable character" error seems to be produced by the java compiler.
    I'll check this again and confirm later.

Regards,

Daniel

De: Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai@softml.net>
Para: Daniel Toffetti <dtoffe@yahoo.com.ar>
CC: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Enviado: martes 4 de noviembre de 2008, 23:19:53

Hi Daniel,

Even if it was a typo in the human sense, there shouldn't be error message displaying "unmappable character" as that error message appears to complain about use of invalid encoding in a sequenced UTF-8 string.

From what you shared with us, the input routine appears to have seen only a single binary character for the opening and closing quote characters surrounding VISA and MasterCard.   In a properly translated UTF-8 representation, there should be 3 characters before and after VISA and MasterCard.  You can see this if you use a text editor in ASCII mode to view the XML-Spreadsheet version (in UTF-8 encoding) found at [1].

May I ask what's your input source to NetBeans?  From Excel spreadsheet (CommonLibrary.xls) or the ODF (CommonLibrary.ods)?  Perhaps you can take  UTF-8 inputs  from [1] below, or you can add an extra function call to parse string *into* UTF-8 prior to the current error-generating statement?

regards,
Chin Chee-Kai

Ref:
[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=238704&package_id=291761&release_id=626964

Daniel Toffetti wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having a problem trying to generate JAXB Bindings for
OASIS UBLv2 (May 2008 update) in the Netbeans IDE. The problem is with some quoted strings,
in some strings the quoting is done with opening and closing double
quotes that in hexadecimal render to E2 80 9C and E2 80 9D, while in
the rest of the document hexa 22 is used for a straight double quote.
I'm getting an error "unmappable character for encoding UTF-8"
and the offending strings are displayed as: ?VISA?, ?MasterCard?, etc.
The problem seems to appear only within CommonAggregateComponents-2, in CardAccountType and CountryType, can someone please confirm if this is a typo ???

Regards,

Daniel

Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/ --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: ubl-dev-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org For additional commands, e-mail: ubl-dev-help@lists.oasis-open.org

Visitá http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/