ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] [SOLVED] Re: [ubl-dev] JAXB Binding generation for UBLv2: Bad UTF-8

At 2008-11-05 06:23 -0800, Daniel Toffetti wrote:
>     Thanks Stephen that did the trick, I'm using the runtime
> schemas and now it's generating the java classes and compiling them
> fine. I've noted that the runtime version is from 2006, hope I
> don't miss something important.

You are not missing anything.  The UBL 2.0 Update package updated
some of the human-language definitions and some of the CCTS meta data
but the schema constraints never changed.  Since the xsdrt schemas
are defined to be the xsd schemas without any documentation, there
was no need to change them in the UBL 2.0 Update package.

>Anyway I'll file a detailed bug report in Netbeans JAXB support just in case.

Sounds like a good idea.  Those of us using pure XML don't see such
oversights because we are always working in Unicode.

To address the UBL side of this, there is a UBL comment list linked
from the TC home page:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

Use the third lozenge-shaped button under the title of the committee.

Comments to that list are officially recognized by the committee.

Thanks for your input to the work!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg