ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Invoice - Head Office Party

> Hi Roberto,
>
> Thank you for the response to my query last week.  Unfortunately the
> branch making the sale is both the legal address for the sale, and the
> accounting address.
Why unfortunately, this seems to me the most simple case when a business
has all administrative, operative and legal function in one.

>Most of the branches are individually owned, though
> they are each grouped into one of 10 parent organisations.
>
> - Parent 1 (This is the level I'm unsure of how to model)
> -- Branch 1 (Seller Customer Party / Accounting Supplier Party)
> -- Branch 2
> - Parent 2
> -- Branch 3
> ... etc

If the Grouping company is a separated legal entity you do not have to
mention it fully on your invoices, but maybe you need just to mention the
Company group name. (e.g. an additional PartyName)

The relationship between a branch site and the head grouping company it
seems to me just a ownership misured with a quantity of shares, but it is
not related to invoicing.

I suggest also you add a PartyIdentification using an ID meaninful whithin
your group of companies.

So the additional PartyName will be useful for printing the group name
together the branch business name and address.
The PartyIdentification will be a machine-friendly ID to univocally
distinguish your branches within your groups (for your internal uses).

> I suspect that you are correct in your comment that I will need to use
> the UBL Extensions to achieve this - I just thought I might be missing
> something as the concept of Head Office Party is not uncommon.  I'm sure
> that I could use one of the other party elements that you mentioned, but
> I'm concerned that using one that doesn't quite fit will cause problems
> in future if any of these partner organisations start using UBL for
> their own purposes.

UBL Extensions can be used if strictly necessary, but electronically
speaking the e-Invoicing do not need always to mention all human
descriptions, notes.. so on, but coded values, unique IDs.

Is the receiver of the invoice interested into the Grouping company full
address ?  I think not.
Is your company interested into univocally recognize the invoices
generated by a branch and related to a specific group by means of an ID ?
I think yes.

> Thanks again for your comments.

yes just comments, you have to decide what is better for your use case.

> Cheers,
>
> Nick

Best regards

Roberto