ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] PaymentMeans amount

Hi Ken

I wouldn't want to be dogmatic about your question. I seem to remember
the way PaymentTerms is used is country-specific. So your proposed
use of PaymentTerms and its Amount may well be right for Canada but
I don't think it would be right for UK where tax rules determine how the
charges and discounts are applied in the invoice, etc. Also it may be
industry-specific in that partial payments may be normal in some
industries where certain rules or norms apply. That's all I can remember
(perhaps inaccurately) about the specifics. It might be worth reviewing the
original requirements and comments submitted prior to UBL 2.0 (e.g.
from Sweden, I seem to remember?) to get the specifics. I wouldn't
want to go beyond the definitions in the schema in general without a
specific industry or locale/tax region in mind on this one.

Best regards

Steve