ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] looking for practical examples

OK,

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to look though all the reference
material you've mentioned here and see if I can't produce a draft for
my own customization of the schema. I found the
UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0.xls file, in the official spec's, very helpful
(once I realised what it was). Filtering by 'Object Class' has helped
to build a picture of the whole hierarchy.

So basiclly, if I want to represent a complete Catalogue of products I
have use the Catalogue Document which will look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Catalogue xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Catalogue-2">
	<CatalogueLine>
		<ID>ABC001</ID>
		<Item>
			<Description>Shirt</Description>
			<ItemInstance>
				<SerialID>ABC001-SML-BLUE</SerialID>
				<AdditionalItemProperty>
					<Name>Size</Name>
					<Value>Small</Value>
				</AdditionalItemProperty>
				<AdditionalItemProperty>
					<Name>Colour</Name>
					<Value>Blue</Value>
				</AdditionalItemProperty>
			</ItemInstance>
			<ItemInstance>
				<SerialID>ABC001-LRG-BLUE</SerialID>
				<AdditionalItemProperty>
					<Name>Size</Name>
					<Value>Large</Value>
				</AdditionalItemProperty>
				<AdditionalItemProperty>
					<Name>Colour</Name>
					<Value>Blue</Value>
				</AdditionalItemProperty>
			</ItemInstance>
		</Item>
	</CatalogueLine>
	<CatalogueLine>
		<Item>
			<Description>Shirt</Description>
			<ItemInstance>
			</ItemInstance>
			<ItemInstance>
			</ItemInstance>
		</Item>
	</CatalogueLine>
</Catalogue>

The most retail systems use a SKU to identify the unique combination
of say Product-Size-Colour. Have I got this right to put it in the
ItemInstance's SerialID?

Does anything seem glaringly wrong about this?