ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] looking for practical examples

Sorry Fulton I didn't see you email till after I'd written mine
but it looks like there is consistency between them in seeking
to cater for systems built for UBL being able to handle custom
schemas. I'm thinking maybe SET provides one benchmark to
ensure this. One SET use case if mapping between versions of
UBL
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/set/200902/threads.html#00000

I would think others are mapping between customisations or between
customisations and standard UBL schemas or even between, say
a customisation of UBL and GS1-XML which shares the implemen-
ation of CCTS. This might require that the custom schemas
implement CCTS too. It might also be helped if they implement
an NDR (naming and design rules), perhaps an extension or
adaptation of the UBL NDR, or one included in the customisation
guidelines. A test that your/my concerns are met would be to try
the SET tool which generates an ontology (OWL) from the schema.
I don't yet know how this works and SET is not yet standard but
if folk know of other such tools which might provide the use/test
case for a customisation NDR I think they would be useful and
necessary to keep the overall UBL design development ontrack to
meet real world business requirements.

Best regards

- Steve