ubl-dev message

Subject: UnattachedDocument

Have you ever thought of a UBL document UnattachedDocument.

If I have an information system that can associate documents that don't fit one the the standard UBL categories with a instance of one of those UBL category documents then it might create potential if I could use that same structure to "file" other documents in a business context.

They reckon modern business is about who you communicate with, not what geographical area you locate in.

If that be the case UBL looks to have a comprehensive Party system to expand that notion onto.

For example, I have an email from a supplier that is important with regrads our contractual relationship. I have invoices and orders with this supplier. I could tag this email to one of those as an AttachedDocument [if I understand the UBL structure correctly].

But it would ne nice to tag it to just the supplier for example.

It's too important to just leave in my email inbox.

On the domestic front I have a letter from my health fund I want to scan and store. It is a conformation about a regular auotpay arrangement for my premiums. I could make it an AtachedDocument to one of the monthly payments. But it is more generic than that.