ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Re: [ubl-dev] Basic Invoice Exploration

Hi Ken

Unfortunately I just checked the next one, TaxInclusiveAmount,
and I think this one is wrong too - at least in the statement
"The TaxInclusiveAmount represents the sum of the
total tax amount and the related taxable amount
of the document."
It must also include any non-taxable amounts. There may logically
be more to it than Sum(Taxable amounts) + Sum(Taxes) +
Sum(Non-taxable amounts), e.g. Sum(Non-taxable amounts) is not
clear on the invoice (may involve some circular logic) and I'm not sure
this is the best way to go about defining it. I think what you need
is all the UBL definitions plus maybe some guarded, careful extra
notes (careful about that) plus just in the main a set of assertions
expressed in calculation form. Like it has now but with less words
(to avoid risk of introducing extra, non-normative logic). Then these
assertions should be first approved by UBL TC as conforming to
the spec and as promoting conformance to the spec. Maybe the
notes should be approved too. Hence best for all this to be done in
UBL TC itself - e.g. on wiki then with TC approval/QA process.

Maybe what is needed is a set of 'test assertions' as per TAG TC.
This is what is going on with OIC TC to help sort out discrepancies
over ODF spreadsheet formulas, etc. As in that case, the TC needs
to approve the test assertions (or at least anything extra the TAs
add to the normative statements of the specs/schemas). Else
there will always be arguments over which assertions/calc model
is correct and what authority a model has.

Stephen D Green