ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: Test Assertions for UBL Calculation Model? Re: Re: [ubl-dev] Basic Invoice Exploration

Hi Ken

The WS-I-esque executable test assertion xpath profile from
the way it is looking doesn't include that 'eq' - it is implicit.
That makes the assertions easier to read and interpret and
most of all to execute. I guess the implicit 'eq' becomes part
of the xpath profile spec itself so when you say

<target>doc($invoice-instance)</target>
<predicate lg="xpath2">sum( ../cac:TaxSubtotal/cbc:TaxAmount )</predicate>

the 'lg="xpath2"' binding attribute includes the 'eq' implictly by
it being defined as part of the profile spec semantics for 'xpath2'
code. A few other things like that would be defined in the xpath
profile spec too, like how test assertion variables are expanded
within the expressions where they are used.

We are keen to standardise such a profile, following on from
the TAG TC work on the markup (which we think needs to be
standardised too, to provide a good foundation for the profile).
We haven't firmly decided which standards organisation yet.
I guess UBL can just get going with its own profile and convert
perhaps (for tool support sake, at least) later when the time is
right. That might provide feedback for TAG TC and what ever
ensues regarding XPath profile work.

Glad you're getting into this.

Best

Steve