ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Request for Quotation and Order error responses

Any idea why the responses are so inconsistent?

Request for Quotation doesn't have a response document so the only
option is to return a Quotation. The Quotation doesn't provide any
header status information and minimal detail status information.

Orders have 2 response documents. The Order Response Simple makes
perfect sense to me with the Accepted Indicator and Rejection Note
fields but doesn't have the detail I need. The Order Response has the
detail I need but doesn't have the Accepted Indicator and Rejection Note
fields. To me it would also make sense to have the Accepted Indicator
and Rejection Note fields on the detail lines.

I am struggling with this because we have the following common errors
from our trading partners for both Quotations and Orders:

Header Errors:
	- Invalid address id
	- Invalid carrier code
	- Invalid FOB code
	- Mandatory data missing
	- Duplicate order

Line Errors
	- Item mismatch
	- Non-catalog item
	- Non-stocked item
	- Price mismatch

I understand that I could use the Order Response Simple to handle the
header errors, but what about the Request for Quotation header errors?

For the lines does it make sense to set the Line Status Code to an error
and populate a note?

	Line Status Code = Line is Disputed
	Note: Non-stocked item

Is it acceptable to use custom codes for the Line Status Code

	Custom Codes:
		- IM: Item mismatch
		- PM: Price mismatch
		- NC: Non-catalog item
		- NS: Non-stocked item

My goal would be to handle header and line errors for Quotations and
Orders in the same manner.

Ken I like your idea of using an Application Response document for the
Quotation error response and I wonder if that would work for my order
header error handling.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks
Jeremy