ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL vs UN/CEFACT

Hello Danny,

probably you can find some answers into the MoU for eBusiness where OASIS has been invited:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/e-business/mou/

and following the link "Key Standards" under Resources, you will find UBL too:

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/e-business/mou/MoUMG-standards.html

In few words the MoU on eBusiness is promoting collaboration and re-use of existing standards within partecipants.

UBL was in the agenda of the MoU/Management Group
http://xml.coverpages.org/MoU-MG-OASIS2002.pdf
http://xml.coverpages.org/MOU-OASIS-200202.html

Compared to UN/EDIFact, UBL can be considered as the eBusiness kernel, just like ISO20022-UNIFI is the eFinance kernel and WCO is the Customs kernel, so on...

So I understood it was a logic path to create a unique integrated set of business documents & messages for the whole Financial Supply Chain.

UBL was effectively into this path from a long time, expecially due to the MoU.

Today the possibility to endorse OASIS and W3C Standards by European Standardization bodies is providing new instruments to protect the best practices and standardization efforts provided by relevant Open Consortium (aka User Groups).
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/ict/policy/standards/whitepaper.pdf
Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Roberto Cisternino
---

Danny Gaethofs ha scritto:
584756.52765.qm@web59203.mail.re1.yahoo.com" type="cite">
Dear all,

I just recently got the question what has been the reason for starting the development of UN/CEFACT whereas UBL was already available. I have been reading a lot about this but apart from the CCTS approach that has been worked out much further within UN/CEFACT I do not really find the answer.

Any one out there that has been there from the start remembers why ?

kind regards
Danny Gaethofs

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo. Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com Versione: 8.5.375 / Database dei virus: 270.13.20/2251 - Data di rilascio: 07/20/09 18:29:00