ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Test Assertions for UBL Calculation Model?

Thanks Oriol for looking at these in detail. I'll try to respond
in detail a bit later but in the meantime it kind of vindicates
the TC decision to not mandate just one calculation model as
people may need different models if their subsets include
different elements. Maybe what I have defined is a broader
model than you'd like. Maybe it does have errors though so I
will check. Maybe, too, we can have an agreed ubl-dev model
that would benefit a wide base of implementations.

Regarding the rule/test assertion INVTOT002 it does kind of
show that the formal expression using the combination of
XPath and Test Assertion Markup Language (or equivalent)
1. generally loses something in 'translation' into prose no
matter how much you try (by " invoice 'AllowanceCharge' "
I meant AllowanceCharge at document level)
2. gives the expressiveness needed to state unambiguously
what is meant but that this isn't all that 'human-readable' so
prose may be needed too.
I would recommend referring to the XPath and the full logic
of the TA to get the actual, normative meaning rather than
the interpretation.

Best regards

Steve

>>> Oriol Bausà <ORIOL@INVINET.ORG> 18/09/09 09:19 >>>
Hi Stephen,

Some comments on the rules,

El 17/09/2009, a las 14:54, Stephen Green escribió:

> Test Assertion ID: invoice-total-001.INVTOT002
>
> Rule: given that there is only one currency used in the invoice and
> that there is at least one invoice line with a line extension
amount,
> the 'TaxExclusiveAmount' in the invoice 'LegalMonetaryTotal' is
> equal to the sum of the 'LineExtensionAmount's in all of the invoice
> lines plus the sum of the invoice 'AllowanceCharge' charges minus
> the sum of the invoice 'AllowanceCharge' allowances

There are AllowanceCharges at header and line level, which ones are
you referring to?

> Test Assertion ID: invoice-total-001.INVTOT003
>
> Rule: given that there is only one currency used in the invoice and
> that there is at least one invoice line with a line extension
amount,
> the 'AllowanceTotalAmount' in the invoice 'LegalMonetaryTotal' is
> equal to the the sum of the invoice 'AllowanceCharge' allowances
> minus the sum of the invoice 'AllowanceCharge' charges

Don't agree. There is a ChargeTotalAmount in the LegalMonetaryTotal.
AllowanceTotalAmount should be the total of allowances, and
ChargeTotalAmount the total of charges.

> Test Assertion ID: invoice-total-001.INVTOT004
>
> Rule: given that there is only one currency used in the invoice and
> that there is at least one invoice line with a line extension
amount,
> in the invoice 'LegalMonetaryTotal' the 'LineExtensionAmount' is
> equal to the 'TaxExclusiveAmount' plus the 'AllowanceTotalAmount'

I do not agree. The LineExtensionAmount equals the sum of
LineExtensionAmounts at line level, as per your first rule.

> Test Assertion ID: invoice-total-002.INVTOT005
>
> Rule: [given that all test assertions in the test assertion set
> 'invoice-total-001' are passed],
> the 'PayableAmount' in the invoice 'LegalMonetaryTotal' is equal to
> the TaxExclusiveAmount (in the invoice 'LegalMonetaryTotal')
> plus the sum of the invoice total tax amounts (at invoice document
> level)

I'd say that TaxInclusiveAmount equals TaxExclusiveAmount plus the
sum of the invoice total tax amounts.

And PayableAmount is TaxInclusiveAmount minus the PrepaidAmount

Regards, Oriol

doc("http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/...";)/...
>>> to say something about the
>>> schema (e.g. to extract a dictionary entry name if you really
>>> need one)
>>> or doc($instance)/Invoice/... to assert something about the
invoice
>>> (where another reference
>>> defines $instance), e.g. using a variable assignment element of
the
>>> xpath-profile test assertion ]
>>>
>>> ... is that you can make the assertion(s) executable. You can
>>> perhaps
>>> convert to Schematron
>>> for individual assertions or if you want to chain the assertions
>>> (make
>>> one dependant on the
>>> outcome of testing an invoice according to another) you can
>>> (eventually) use a test assertion
>>> xpath profile execution engine. For the latter you may need to
wait
>>> for tools to be in production
>>> or write your own but WS-I is doing the latter quite successfully

>>> and
>>> I hope there will be tools
>>> soon, perhaps some free ones.
>>>
>>> The Balisage 2009 XML conference will feature a presentation on
this
>>> by Jacques Durand of
>>> Fujitsu US / WS-I / OASIS (TAG Chair, TAB, etc) which should be
>>> excellent (plus Ken and I
>>> both get a mention!).
>>>
>>> Stephen D Green

> For additional commands, e-mail: ubl-dev-help@lists.oasis-open.org

'Do it online' with our growing range of online services -
http://www.bristol.gov.uk/services

Sign-up for our email bulletin giving news, have-your-say and event
information at: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/newsdirect

View webcasts of Council meetings at http://www.bristol.gov.uk/webcast