ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] InvoiceLine and VAT inclusive quoted pricing

Danny Gaethofs wrote:

> The field :
> Invoice. Invoice Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount
>
> It is the total amount for the Invoice Line, including Allowance &
> Charges but *net of taxes*.

I know that, but that doesn't answer my question.

Let me put it another way.

If I have quoted the customer a price for goods including VAT, is it
valid to place the *VAT inclusive* price underneath the price tag, or
does the price always have to exclude taxes?

The reason this matters is rounding - if you take a VAT inclusive price,
take off the tax, then put the tax back on again, you can sometimes not
come back to the number you started with.

Is there a document anywhere that describes how to handle VAT inclusive
pricing anywhere?

Regards,
Graham

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature