ubl-dev message

Subject: Oct 21-23rd. Call for PEPPOL conference participation: Pan European eProcurement with PEPPOL

Dear UBL-DEV community (Apologies for Cross-Posting)

I would like to invite you to a free 3-day conference in Copenhagen on October 21st - 23rd. Don't let the title of this email discourage you - this is not just about European eProcurment. Once we are successful with this initiative - geography will not be important. On this conference you will learn what it takes to connect to the PEPPOL Infrastructure. The PEPPOL Infrastructure supports exchange of any electronic business document and is primarily relevant in post-award processes (exchange of catalogues, orders and invoices).

You may register here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/peppolinfrastructure.com/viewform?formkey=dGpHM3QtRGpQNnJQZU5jekRwXzBmckE6MA.

Why is this conference relevant to UBL?

This 30 million Euro project will demonstrate real cross border exchange of electronic catalogues, orders and invoices. 14 countries and 20 beneficiaries participate in the pilot and the goal is that a successful
pilot will lead to adoption from all EU Member States. The business documents exchanged will be based on the output from CEN/ISSS Workshop on "Business Interoperability Interfaces on public procurement in Europe" - WS/BII (see http://www.en.ds.dk/bii). The CEN/ISSS WS BII data model is syntax neutral but has been mapped to UBL 2.0  syntax. However - it is likely that the invoice will also be mapped to the syntax used by the UN/CEFACT Cross Industry Invoice.

Who should attend?

You should attend if you have an interest in supporting post-award processes and fall into one of the following categories:

·         Service provider (E.g. Bank, VAN, eProcurement solution provider),

·         Provider of ERP and business software

·         Provider of Middleware solutions

·         Government organization

·         Large private companies with many cross-border transactions

Would you like to exhibit or co-sponsor?

The conference:

In overview the conference is structured in the following way:

*       PEPPOL executive day - Wednesday October 21st

*       PEPPOL architecture day - Thursday October 22nd

*       PEPPOL Middleware demonstrations and Programmers "Hands-on" - Friday October 23rd

Training opportunities:

Crane Softwrights has organized two courses on Genericode Code Lists and UBL prior to the conference. For more information see: http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/
If you offer XML or UBL related training - you may wish to co-locate courses with our conference. Let us know if you would like to co-locate.

More information:

For more information about the PEPPOL project see: http://www.peppol.eu
For more information about the conference and the program see: http://www.peppol.eu/News/events-1/peppol-innovation-conference

You may register here http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/peppolinfrastructure.com/viewform?formkey=dGpHM3QtRGpQNnJQZU5jekRwXzBmckE6MA..

Please forward this invitation to your colleagues and relevant public and private sector organizations in your country.

I look forward to welcoming you in Copenhagen

Best regards

Mikkel Hippe Brun
Chief Consultant
IT-infrastructure and implementation division
Direct: + 45 3337 9220
Cell: +45 2567 4252
E-mail: mhb@itst.dk

The Ministry for Science