ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] InvoiceLine and VAT inclusive quoted pricing

I think this does highlight a real UBL weakness. It may well be that
UBL 2.0 doesn't support prices which include VAT. Maybe the
fact that there is ambiguity in the UBL definitions eg LineExtension
allows implementers to merely re-interpretate for themselves the
semantics of the definitions of the amounts instead of reporting
this to UBL TC as a weakness in the model. That's is obviously
not desirable so it would be useful for the TC to sort this out
(or the Procurement subcommittee). So, yes, it isn't inconceivable
that you might have been the first, Graham, to actually point
this out. Maybe it would be best if you would subscribe to the
ubl-comment list (direct comment to the UBL Technical Committee)
and report it there. I think that would be warranted and would
allow UBL TC to use the information to improve UBL without IP issues.
See
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
It probably need to be pointed out to UBL TC officially this way.

Best regards

Stephen D Green

Danny Gaethofs wrote:

> The field :
> Invoice. Invoice Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount
>
> It is the total amount for the Invoice Line, including Allowance &
> Charges but *net of taxes*.

I know that, but that doesn't answer my question.

Let me put it another way.

If I have quoted the customer a price for goods including VAT, is it
valid to place the *VAT inclusive* price underneath the price tag, or
does the price always have to exclude taxes?

The reason this matters is rounding - if you take a VAT inclusive price,
take off the tax, then put the tax back on again, you can sometimes not
come back to the number you started with.

Is there a document anywhere that describes how to handle VAT inclusive
pricing anywhere?

Regards,
Graham

________