ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL 2.0 and BizTalk 2006

At 2010-03-23 11:40 +0100, Ekman, Anders (Ext) wrote:
>Maybe this is the wrong forum but I am getting desperate for answers.
>My name is Mr Anders Ekman. I am currently working with a UBL 2.0
>solution for one of our customers.

Excellent!

Which customization subset of UBL is your customer using?

>The tool I am using to produce the xml documents is BizTalk 2006.
>
>I managed to produce an invoice file after which I was relieved and
>thought that this would be a piece of cake. But the cake turned out
>to be an immovable rock of concrete and now I am stuck.
>
>My problem is that when I try to run the Order-response mapping I
>get a "System Out Of Memory Error" The invoice schema and the ordrsp
>schema seems to be of the same size but maybe I get a loop in the ORDRSP?.

Same size?  No way!

There are 17,568 possible elements in the complete UBL Invoice and
830,975 possible elements in the complete UBL Order Response.  When
you count attributes as well, there are 63,489 elements and
attributes in the complete UBL Invoice and 3,004,053 elements and
attributes in the complete UBL Order Response [1].

My guess is that your tool isn't creating what you need but is
following the XSD schema to create what is possible.  Your tool
should only be creating what is needed.

I have no experience with BizTalk 2006, but I would be surprised that
*any* XML creation tool would start off assuming that you want one of
everything.

>Are there anyone out-there who have experienced something similar or
>that can give me a hint in right direction I would appreciate that a lot.

Tell us which customization subset of UBL your customer is using.  In
Denmark this is the OIOUBL customization subset.  In Turkey this is
the TRLSC customization subset.  In the PEPPOL project this is the
BII customization subset.

My 2-day UBL training class guides students on the second day in the
creation of their own UBL customized schema subsets.  I wouldn't
expect any developer to want to (or be able to) implement or support
the entire UBL specification.

I hope this is helpful.

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

[1] the analysis below is using files from version 2 of the UBL 2.0
XPath files:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/XPath-files/XPath-files-readme.html

T:\text\full>tail Invoice-XPath.txt
17566.1 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:PayeeFinancialAccount/cac:Country/cbc:Name/@languageID
17567   0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/
17568   1..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID
17568.1 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeAgencyID
17568.2 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeAgencyName
17568.3 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeDataURI
17568.4 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeID
17568.5 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeName
17568.6 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeURI
17568.7 0..1
/in:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:DeliveryTerms/cac:AllowanceCharge/c
ac:PaymentMeans/cac:CreditAccount/cbc:AccountID/@schemeVersionID

T:\text\full>wc -l Invoice-XPath.txt
   63489 Invoice-XPath.txt

T:\text\full>tail OrderResponse-XPath.txt
830972.2 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeAgencyName
830972.3 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeDataURI
830972.4 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeID
830972.5 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeName
830972.6 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeURI
830972.7 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:URI/@schemeVersionID
830973   0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:DocumentHash
830973.1 0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:DocumentHash/@languageID
830974   0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:ExpiryDate
830975   0..1
/or:OrderResponse/cac:OrderLine/cac:DocumentReference/cac:Attachme
nt/cac:ExternalReference/cbc:ExpiryTime

T:\text\full>wc -l OrderResponse-XPath.txt
3004053 OrderResponse-XPath.txt

T:\text\full>

--
XSLT/XQuery training:         San Carlos, California 2010-04-26/30
Principles of XSLT for XQuery Writers: San Francisco,CA 2010-05-03