ubl-dev message

Subject: questions about DespatchAdvice for an Implementation in Italy (Delivery note for worked component/DDT Reso da conto lavorazione)

   Hi All,
I work in a middle sized Italian company and I would like to use UBL for exchanging data with our suppliers.
All examples/documentation about UBL seem to talk about "selling" goods.
In my implementation instead we need to exchange data with suppliers that do some working on the components that we send to them.

The first document that I would like to implement is the Delivery Note (Italian: DDT or Documento Di Trasporto).
I was able to map *NEARLY* all data to a UBL DespatchAdvice, but there are some things that I am not able to find and are:

[list begin]
- date of starting shipment:
  I am not able to find it. Even in the section Consigment
  There is already a field  "issue Date" but I use it to indicate when the delivery note was issued.
  The real start of shipment is in many cases the day after

- price:
  Typically it is *NOT* shown on the Delivery Note, but however I would like to have it here.
  Is there any field for it  ?

- kind of delivery note:
  Some of our suppliers sell us goods (part of chairs)
         or
  we send them some row material, they work it and then send it us back

 In the first case the delivery note is type "sell" [Italian: DDT di vendita]
 In the second case the delivery note is type "work" (proper English terminology?) [however in Italian is DDT Reso da conto lavorazione].
There are also many other kinds of delivery note.Where can I set this in the DespatchAdvice ?
I think in the Despatch Advice Type Code, but where can I find a standard list of possible values ?

[list end]

Here below I write a typical example.

Involved companies are:
A-c.h.a.i.r.s.-corp
B-w.e.l.d.i.n.g.s.-inc
C-p.a.i.t.i.n.g.-corp

Company "A-c.h.a.i.r.s.-corp" wants to produce some metal chairs and cuts some metal tubes,
which are sent to "B-w.e.l.d.i.n.g.s.-inc", where they have to be welded together.

Then "B-w.e.l.d.i.n.g.s.-inc" welds together the tubes and produce a chair metal frame.
The metal frames are sent to "C-p.a.i.t.i.n.g.-corp" to be painted in black.

Company "A-c.h.a.i.r.s.-corp" would like to know rapidly how many  chair metal frames have been sent
from "B-w.e.l.d.i.n.g.s.-inc"
to "C-p.a.i.t.i.n.g.-corp"

using a DespatchAdvice UBL document.

thank you in advance for helping with the 3 fields and for any other comments,

Fabio Ferronato
Armet s.p.a.
-ITALY-