ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Representing taxable freight charges in an Invoice

At 2010-10-29 09:54 +1100, Tim Anderson wrote:
>Also, whats the rationale behind including TaxCategory in
>AllowanceCharge but not on InvoiceLine?
>On InvoiceLine it looks like it must be specified via the
>TaxSubtotal, requiring elements to be duplicated.
> From the UBL-Invoice-2.0-Example.xml:
><cac:InvoiceLine>
>    <cbc:LineExtensionAmount currencyID="GBP">100.00</cbc:LineExtensionAmount>
>     <cac:TaxTotal>
>         <cbc:TaxAmount currencyID="GBP">17.50</cbc:TaxAmount>
>         <cbc:TaxEvidenceIndicator>true</cbc:TaxEvidenceIndicator>
>         <cac:TaxSubtotal>
>             <cbc:TaxableAmount currencyID="GBP">100.00</cbc:TaxableAmount>
>             <cbc:TaxAmount currencyID="GBP">17.50</cbc:TaxAmount>
>             <cac:TaxCategory>
>                 <cbc:ID>A</cbc:ID>
>                 <cac:TaxScheme>
>                     <cbc:ID>UK VAT</cbc:ID>
>                     <cbc:TaxTypeCode>VAT</cbc:TaxTypeCode>
>                 </cac:TaxScheme>
>             </cac:TaxCategory>
>         </cac:TaxSubtotal>
>     </cac:TaxTotal>

The structure supports a total tax for the line item plus a breakdown
of how that tax was calculated.  In my jurisdiction there used to be
PST and GST (provincial sales tax and goods and services tax), so
there would be a total tax and a breakdown of the two
components.  Now that there is only HST, there is both the total and
a one-item breakdown, just as above.  The type of tax is described in
the breakdown.

Remember that in UBL the recipient must not do any calculations on
the values received:  the UBL instance conveys both the components of
a total and the total itself.  The recipient should find *everything*
they need in the instance without doing any arithmetic.

I hope this helps.

--
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/bc