ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] XML NDRs: UBL 2.0, 2.1, CEFACT 2.1, 3.0

>I don't know of any other
>business vocabulary published where the CCTS 2.01 CCT fragment is,
>expressly, the foundation of the schema tree ... and I would
>appreciate it if someone knew of others so that I could analyze their
>use of the schemas.

Not used by UN/CEFACT since the CCTs were only intended as reference material for creating unqualified data types which are the foundation of the UN/CEFACT schema tree

>It is my second-hand understanding that CCTS 3 is not backward
>compatible with CCTS 2.01, and thus the UBL 2.x maintenance stream is
>obliged to stick with CCTS 2.01.  Which is fine, since it is meeting
>stakeholder requirements.  So all future UBL NDR 2.x will be
>documenting a schema tree based on CCTS 2.01 CCT.

Disagree.  Would be interested to know exactly which aspects of CCTS3 you consider not backward compatible as the artefacts are the same, only more robust which fits within the definition of UBL for backward compatibility. Would also be interested in exactly what aspects of the data type schema UN/CEFACT uses for its 2.01 schema generation would break UBL 2 versions.  Further, would like to know which specific DTs from DTC3 and the corresponding schema would break backward compatibility with UBL2.

>I don't know what is in CCTS 3, but it was my understanding that it
>wasn't completed yet.  Rather than try and embrace a moving target,
>I'm waiting for CCTS 3 to be finalized, packaged up, signed off and
>delivered before determining how it can be used.

CCTS3 and CDT 3 were published in September 2009.  NDR3 was published in December 2009.

Kind Regards,
Mark