ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: XPath expressions in UBL / Signatures

I agree,
currently we have an XPath basic component with a languageID attribute,
but when we use xpath on other information items we could miss a good
attribute for the language version.

We need a document wide version for xpath version.

At least we could say that if not specified differently an xpath
expression is intended 1.0

I would add that XPath syntax is usually not standalone, but associated to
XSLT 1.0, 2.0, ...    So we have for instance that XSLT 2.0 uses XPath
2.0.   I mean here we could do the same with UBL:

UBL 1.0 was XPath 1.0 friendly
UBL 2.0 expects XPath 2.0 or XPath 1.0 (backward compatible)
... so on

Another possibility, as the xpath version is related to the processing of
the document (not parsing) we could use a processing instruction (PI) like
this:

<?xpath version="2.0" ?>

I like this last more then others.

Cheers,