ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL 2.0 Order document with discounts and VAT calculations

Title: UBL 2.0 Order document with discounts and VAT calculations

UBL enthusiasts,

We are working on implementing a UBL order document for internal use at wehkamp.nl. I have some questions about how to handle discounts in relation to VAT calculations.

Here is the simple order I want to handle in a UBL order document. (this is just an example expressing the most important parts, not the actual order)

A customer wants to buy a single Item A. The normal price for this article is 100 EUR ex VAT for a single Item. With this buyer we have agreed a discount of 60 EUR ex VAT. So the buyer needs to pay 40 EUR ex VAT for this article. The VAT category on this item is Domestic-High and the VAT percentage is 20%.

For every Item A that is sold we also need to charge the customer for a Disposal Charge. This is 10 EUR ex VAT. For this charge the VAT category is also Domestic-High and the VAT percentage is 20%.

So the orderline on the order should look like this to me:

Article Unit    Price           Discount        Net     VAT     %       VAT Amt

Item A  1Pc     100 EUR -60 EUR 40 EUR  Dom-H   20%     8 EUR

        Disposal charge                 10 EUR  Dom-H   20%     2 EUR

Now I am trying to bring all this information into the OrderLine/LineItem component.

The Article and Quantity ordered can be place inside the Item component under the LineItem component

The Disposal charge can be placed in a AllowanceCharge component directly under the LineItem component. The VAT of this disposal charge can be specified inside the AllowanceCharge component under the TaxTotal and TaxCategory components.

Now the problem starts with the price component. If I look at this component I could place the net amount of 40 EUR in the PriceAmount component and the 60 EUR discount as an Allowance under the AllowanceCharge component. But where do I leave the VAT over the 40 EUR? And where do I place the standard price of 100 EUR of the item?

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Regards,

Kees Duvekot

IT Business Consultant