ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] TaxTotal with several TaxScheme

Pierre,

I would look at it like this. Do you need (or does the community of UBL users for whom your application will work need...) to include
RoundingAmount, TaxEvidenceIndicator, TaxExcludedIndicator or TaxIncludedIndicator in your tax totals? And if so then will there
need to be a different set of these for each tax subtotal? If the answer is no to both then it is simplest to keep TaxTotal only ever
0..1 in your use of UBL. That means you will be creating an implicit (or maybe explicit) subset of UBL where TaxTotal is 0..1 (not
0..unbounded) and TaxSubtotal is 0..unbounded. If the answer is that 'yes' your use case scenarios do require that sometimes
an invoice and/or invoice line will have one subtotal with a RoundingAmount, TaxEvidenceIndicator, TaxExcludedIndicator
or TaxIncludedIndicator which is different from that in another subtotal then you would need to implement multiple TaxTotals.
You would then need to ensure that if you intend to use just a subset of UBL (as most or all do) either implicitly or explicitly, that
this subset keeps TaxTotal as 0..unbounded. The question might then still be whether to have the subset make TaxSubtotal's
cardinality 0..unbounded or 0..1 (with respect to TaxTotal). That depend on other factors (such as whether the subset is explicit
with scope for such reduction in cardinality where use cases permit to increase the simplicity and reduce the complexity of code
needed to 'read' and 'understand' the invoices when they are received). It was often said with regard to the design of UBL 'keep
it as simple as it needs to be but no simpler' and this applies to subsets you (implicitly or explicitly) implement in your application.

Best regards

Steve
----
Stephen D Green