ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] DeliveryPeriod vs InvoicePeriod

Roland,

InvoicePeriod as exactly what you say it is, an informative date range that can help the recipient of the invoice to better understand what is invoiced and what period this charge is covering. And this also means that other invoices might have (different) charges that cover the same period.  They way I read these fields you can use these if you want to show a period and is most useful when there is no reference to a specific goods movement. And if you want to relate a specific invoice(line) to a specific delivery you can use the DespatchLine- or ReceiptLineReference options.

It is not meant to be used for Tax related information etc. For that there is the TaxPointDate (available both on header and line level) that can be used to show what the relevant date is for Taxation purposes.

Did you read the “sematisch model e-Factureren” (dutch only) that was created by Logius? You can find it here:

http://www.logius.nl/producten/gegevensuitwisseling/digipoort/documentatie/berichtenstandaard/semantisch-factuurmodel/

In there they also discuss the relevant legal (dutch) aspects of Tax dates and other element of an electronics invoice and also covers UBL.

Kees