ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL compatible instance and schema

Hello Ken,

many thanks for the information and files. Your files are exactly what I am seeking for.

Regards,
Marcel

Am 04.09.2012 15:59, schrieb G. Ken Holman:
At 2012-09-04 14:27 +0200, Marcel Trawny wrote:
Have anybody customizing UBL example files (xsd + xml). I need UBL compatible documents to develop a custom invoice message.

You can choose to simply document the subset of UBL you wish to use and then use the complete schemas to validate that your instances are still UBL compatible. There are example instances for, respectively, UBL 2.0 and UBL 2.1 PRD2 here:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0-update/xml
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/xml

I have a free environment with which people can create subset schemas:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#filterXSDDK

There is a more elaborate schema subset generator that is a free adjunct to the PDF book that I sell ... this is an add-on to OpenOffice:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/sales/Crane-UBLProfile

What I like about my approach to the subset schemas is that I leave the original pruned declarations in the file by making them into XML comments. This way someone inspecting the subset schema can be reassured, visually, that the changes made to the schema are subset-compatible.

I can't think of any organization that has publicly published their subset UBL schema as an example.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm