ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Delivery Document

Good Morning Kees.!
That's a good news for me that I can use the the Despatch Advice  Document. I apreciate all your help and the TC commite members. Excellent contributions of all members and I'm learning a lot from your knoweldge.  Thanks for your guidance.
Carlos

El mar 14, 2013 4:58 a.m., "Duvekot, Kees" <kduvekot@wehkamp.nl> escribió:

Carlos,

Sorry form my late reaction …

We had the same issue .. and we create a new custom document called “Fulfillment Order” which is also a copy of the DespatchAdvice document.

We originally started out with the order document, but we decided to switch to DespatchAdvice because that fits more with a “request to deliver goods”

Kees

Van: Carlos Martin [mailto:cmfermdp@gmail.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 13 maart 2013 15:52
Aan: Roberto; Oriol Bausà Peris
CC: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Onderwerp: Re: [ubl-dev] Delivery Document

Hi Roberto, Oriol,

Very Helpful the explanations that you have sent me.

I have realized, that differents paths I can follow for modeling the Delivery Order.

One important thing is that the business context in which I´m working, implies a domestic transportation and it isn´t international...... Reading more carefully the UBL documentation, I found the next paragraph

2.15 International Freight Management

"Freight management for domestic trade is typically accomplished using Despatch Advice and Receipt

Advice (see Section 2.7, “Fulfilment”). The additional processes shown in Figure 58, “Initiate Freight

Management Process” are engineered to support the ordering and management of logistical services

for international trade."

For these reason I will use Despatch Advice, for the Delivery Order, using a special type for differentiate the "real" Despatch Advice used for communicate the issue of goods.

Additionally,  a Plan B, could be use the Forwarding Instructions and extend the element GoodsItem, adding a OrderLineReference. But I dismiss this option because the UBL business explanation is very clear about Domestic and International trate. Using only Forwarding Instruction for International trade.

Thank a lot again and best regards.

Carlos.