ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] FW: History of Iteminstance

Hi Ken,

I understand that my canonical data model does not need to be equal to my internal data model structure. But the solutions represent variant on the performance because represent more processing XML because the relation Item instances/item pass be 1 to 1.

Thanks for your help,

Olimpo Lozada

From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: lunes, 26 de agosto de 2013 05:40 p.m.
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

On Aug 26, 2013 4:57 PM, "Olimpo Jose Lozada" <olimpo.jose.lozada@oracle.com> wrote:
> We can´t change the definition "a single Item may have multiple ItemInstance" for "a single ItemInstance for each Item". Because our Business Process need generic Item with multiples Specific Item. Is there any solutions different for provide this information required?

Remember when using UBL (or any XML vocabulary) that your exchange syntax document model does not need to be equal to your internal data model structure, it just needs to be mappable to and from your internal data model structure.  So you could map a UBL document that has a repeated "single iteminstance for each item" in the document into a "multiple iteminstance for each item" in your internal data model by grouping on the item at the time you map the syntax to and from your internal data model.

I hope this helps.