ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Taxscheme.ID schemeID UN/ECE/ 5153 - UBL2.1

All,

Looking at the example in the PEPPOL BIS 4a guideline for the invoice the use of the TaxScheme.ID @schemeID = "5153" is correct.
Because here it defines the type of tax that will be payable : VAT, GST, ...

And the categories that can be used are identified by @schemeID="5305" - in my view 5305 and not UN/ECE 5305 because that is already idendified by the @schemeAgencyID.

<cac:TaxTotal>
<cbc:TaxAmount currencyID="EUR">292.2</cbc:TaxAmount>
<cac:TaxSubtotal>
<cbc:TaxableAmount currencyID="EUR">1436.50</cbc:TaxableAmount>
<cbc:TaxAmount currencyID="EUR">292.20</cbc:TaxAmount>
<cac:TaxCategory>
<cbc:ID schemeID="UN/ECE 5305" schemeAgencyID="6">S</cbc:ID>
<cbc:Percent>20.0</cbc:Percent>
<cac:TaxScheme>
<cbc:ID schemeID="UN/ECE 5153" schemeAgencyID="6">VAT</cbc:ID>
</cac:TaxScheme>
</cac:TaxCategory>
</cac:TaxSubtotal>

Regards
Danny

From: Danny Gaethofs <dgaethofs@yahoo.com>
To: "Duvekot, Kees" <kduvekot@Wehkamp.nl>; "ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org" <ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 5:45 PM

Kees,

What I am trying to tell is that currently in UBL2.1 the TaxScheme.ID uses the schemeID UN/ECE 5153.

A field TaxSchemeID is an identification number, such as a VAT number or Tax Payer Identification Number (TIN).
In EDFIACT 1153

The 5153 is an identification of the type of Tax that will be levied.

These are two different things - the latter is used to identify for example whether environmental tax or consumption tax should be applied.

regards
Danny