ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Payment Notification with Tax deductions

Who is liable of such income tax ? He is the one to be aware.
In Italy the customer is mandated to withhold the tax and pay to the tax authority on behalf of the seller.
I have seen that in many countries the WHT is applied as a percentage and is connected with the form of business of the seller (small entities or freelancers usually are subject to WHT).
I do not see your WHT very different but maybe few people are aware of the rules to apply it.

Also in Italy it is the responsability of the customer to pay the right amount even if the WHT showed in the invoice is wrong.

Anyway without mentioning the WHT in the invoice it is practically impossible to have an automatic reconciliation with the payment.
Finally, I strongly think that going to electronic means also to provide valuable and consistent data, thus I would think the invoicer should be aware of the WHT case.

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: "William Velasquez" <wvelasquez@visiontecnologica.com>
A: "Roberto" <roberto@javest.com>
Cc: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Inviato: Martedì, 19 novembre 2013 22:23:48

Thanks Roberto,

Including the WHT in the Invoice is a possibility, but the common practice here is to delegate this calculation to the payer, cause of the many conditions involved (size of the payer, size of the payee, amount paid, location, kind of transaction), so for the payee is hard to know in advance how much WHT the payer should credit from the payment.

Some companies are so well organized to know it, but the vast majority not.

I'm starting to think that my country is outside the "Universe" of "Universal Business Language"  x-)