ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Invoice: Where to put SEPA Creditor ID?

Hello John,
yes I confirm the Creditor ID is assigned to each creditor once.
So now I remember that the requirement was more in connection with a legal person and for that purpose we preferred to improve the Person ABIE that is also found in any Party and of course in the PayeeParty in the root of the invoice document.

Under the Person ABIE you will find the IdentityDocumentReference which is intended for any legal identity assigned to a person like the Creditor ID.

Best regards

Roberto Cisternino, JAVEST

UBL ITLSC co-chair

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: "ujay68" <ujay68@gmail.com>
A: "Roberto" <roberto@javest.com>
Cc: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Inviato: Giovedì, 5 dicembre 2013 18:08:13

Roberto,

thanks.

AFAIK, the Creditor ID is not unique on the payment mandate level. The Creditor ID seems to be assigned to a legal person (business entity) or a individual person, not depending on their particular bank account(s) and not depending on any particular customer relationship. So, a typical business will probably have one single Creditor ID for all payments and all customers.

The mandate reference seems to be unique at least on the payer–payee level, but not depending on a particular payment transaction or invoice. So, a particular identifiable customer could see the same mandate reference for all payments with a particular business. Or, for a customer having, eg, several insurance policies with one company, each implying regular payments, that company could maybe assign one unique mandate reference per policy, and use this particular mandate reference for all payments regarding that policy only.

Would this change anything regarding the UBL representation, in your opinion?

John