ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Invoice: Where to put SEPA Creditor ID?

> Anyway I am pretty sure Banks are requiring a phisical person for direct debit, at least in Italy.

Yes, but the Creditor ID identifies the seller (payee), not the buyer (payer). So if the seller is a person, you would have to place their Creditor ID into the Person field, and if the seller is a business entity, you would have place the Creditor ID into the CompanyID field. When a system creates a UBL document, eg, in the context of an e-payment transaction, that system might not know (or not care for) the exact legal status of the payee, so I think that having different places for the Creditor ID is not desirable from an interoperability perspective.

John