ubl-dev message

Subject: R: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Invoice: Where to put SEPA Creditor ID?

SEPA says that the CreditorID is mandatory in the mandate, so if this is mainly a code assigned to the company you have to choices inside the mandate: a) the PayeeParty, but I would use a PartyIdentifier for that with a schemeID attribute. b) use a clause in the mandate.  The creditor Id has been added recently to Sepa and the Ubl mandate info was designed before. Clauses are perfect for this anyway. Do not use PartyLegalEntity info because that is meant for Ids provided by authorities not banks. Lastly, use Person if you need to identify precisely a person as requested sometime by banks.

Inviato da Samsung Mobile

John Ulric <ujay68@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Anyway I am pretty sure Banks are requiring a phisical person for direct debit, at least in Italy.

Yes, but the Creditor ID identifies the seller (payee), not the buyer (payer). So if the seller is a person, you would have to place their Creditor ID into the Person field, and if the seller is a business entity, you would have place the Creditor ID into the CompanyID field. When a system creates a UBL document, eg, in the context of an e-payment transaction, that system might not know (or not care for) the exact legal status of the payee, so I think that having different places for the Creditor ID is not desirable from an interoperability perspective.

John