ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] CreditNotes and credits for AllowanceCharges

At 2013-12-23 16:42 +0000, Duvekot, Kees wrote:
Then the customer decides to return Item 1 (they do not like the color J)

When I receive the goods I create a CreditNote to the customer for the item received. Because they still have retained Item 2 I am not sending them a credit for the shipment costs
(that is only needed when the whole order is returned)

Have you considered including the 5.95 in the credit note (but not the remittance) and then issuing a new invoice just for shipping (marked as paid) for 5.95 and only returning the original EUR30?

Or including the 5.95 in the credit note (but not the remittance) and issuing a debit note against the second invoice for 5.95 and that amount as paid?

Or perhaps simply issuing the shipping charges as a separate invoice when there is a split delivery? This would not be needed if the delivery were complete.

That way you would "close out" the first item since the customer and you are finished with it, and closing out the second item would not need to reference the first item.

Also, as a customer, if the handling of the shipping isn't dealt with when I've dealt with the first returned item, then when I'm dealing with the second item I don't have to remember anything about the first item.

I suppose you could even postpone dealing with the shipping charge until the last unshipped item is shipped or cancelled.

(Please remember I am a bit naïve about the business process since my committee focus is on the angle brackets of UBL. If I'm very wrong in my advice, it would help me to know. But I figure the only way to learn is to try and apply what I've been gleaning from committee discussions about business process.)

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |