ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Subset calculation model semantics and 'extraneous variables'

Thanks David.

Yes, it would be good if people could use CAM to help define the
calculation model of the semantics. Does it lend itself to defining
such things, e.g. how an invoice total is calculated?

For my part, I tried to ensure people could also use the OASIS-open
standard Test Assertions Model (or Test Assertions Markup Language
which is just a committee spec) to define the relationship between,
say, an invoice total and the other entities to be used to calculate
it.

I think the European BII project uses Schematron.

Prose is probably adequate though and has the advantage in a situation
such as a legal requirement (thinking of the EU law on e-invoices in
particular) that 'normal people' can read it.

Overall though, my main concern is that, however they do it, they do
define along with the semantics of a core (subset), the calculation
model, because otherwise it will be ambiguous and detrimentally
dependant on any entities possibly included in instances which aren't
in the standardised core. (Thinking especially of a 'core' as is soon
to be defined for e-invoices for EU public procurement.)

----
Stephen D Green

----
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,
and with all your strength, and with all your mind.