ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: EU Directive towards giving EU public procurement a new Standard for e-invoices

Hi Tim

I looked at BII, as you suggested. It has a fairly 'closed' data model
which allows for a relatively simple calculation model. If that is
what the EU Standard will define then not such an issue.

I just thought the wording of the Directive was moving towards a more
'open' data model. By that I mean, it seems to suggest a syntax can
vary in its data model as long as it includes X, Y, Z. So it would
allow a subset A, B, X, Y, Z and subset A, B, C, X, Y, Z but not
subset A, B, C, D, X, Z. If that is how it will be then a calculation
model for the Standard might ignore A, B, C and D and focus purely in
X and Y and if Z is irrelevant to calculations then ignore it. My
warning is that if A and B are relevant to the calculation models of
the first three subsets then the Standard's calculation model might
not work for them.
----
Stephen D Green