ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Formatting of Identifiers in UBL documents

Hi Kees

This would very much be implementation guide material, especially
tax-related information, if there is any business-process sensitive
significance to the Identifier formatting. I would think that in most
cases, since a major use case for UBL is replacement of a paper-based
system with as near as possible an electronic based system as it can
be to the paper-based system, the formatting is insignificant (a
receiving system should be able to format or reformat the ID if
necessary or throw an exception for a human to reformat it if
absolutely necessary). Where necessary to have specific formatting in
the ID in the UBL, that would need to be agreed between parties or
amongst the community.

I hope this helps
Best regards

Steve