ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Open invitation to contribute to the OASIS UBL 2.1 International Data Dictionary (IDD)

Thank you for your interest in our project, William.

At 2014-05-21 20:50 +0000, William Velasquez wrote:
Particularly in the Spanish language, some
business terms vary from country to country. The
question is: This translation is expected to be
global for the selected language? (i.e. only one
IDD for Spanish) or could be multiple IDDs for
each language, one translation for country?
(i.e. ES-ES for Spanish-Spain, ES-PE for
Spanish-Perú, ES-CO for Spanish- Colombia).

I have added this question to the agenda for our
next UBL TC meeting.  Meanwhile I will direct it
to the manager of the Spanish spreadsheet so that
he can prepare a response in time for the meeting next Wednesday.

I can imagine a few ways to address
this:  multiple spreadsheets or simply add
columns for those values that are to be
different.  Or even keep a single definition and
put all cultural alternative business terms in that column.

But this question was not raised for the UBL 2.0
IDD for Spanish, so it may be that the one set of
Spanish language definitions have sufficed in a
business milieu for multiple marketplaces.

Thank you very much for this opportunity to contribute to UBL.

We welcome new membership in our committee and input from the public!

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |