ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] DespatchAdvice and updates ...

Hi All,

I think this one actually predates the OGC work and goes all the way
back to xCBL 3.5 and the first seven UBL document types

see https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/0p70/ for the first
set of seven.

I had a look at the lists going back that far and came across, for
example, this email

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200310/msg00116.html

whose thread is

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200310/threads.html#00116

This reminded me we didn't try initially to model the changes to the
documents in a document-type-specific way (except for OrderChange
which actually came later) but instead had an approach which allowed
document status code (and optionally document reference) to be used to
change any document, perhaps along legacy-EDI lines (though I'm no
legacy-EDI expert). So if that isn't possible then really it could be
the original concept of the document status code which is either
defective or inadequate, I suggest.

Cheers

Steve
----