ubl-dev message

Subject: Announce: New and revised free tools for generating XSD schemas for UBL

Fellow UBL-Dev'ers,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of two packages (one new, one revised) that you may find useful in creating XSD schemas from CCTS models following the UBL NDR.

The two packages are:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ods2ublgc  (new)
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#gc2ublndr  (revised)

If you use as input the ODS expressions of the CCTS models for UBL 2.1 found in these directories:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/maindoc/
  (all 65 .ods files)

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/common/
  (UBL-CommonLibrary-2.1.ods only)

... then Crane-ods2ublgc.xsl will create the equivalent to:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/UBL-Entities-2.1.gc

If you use as input the ODS expression of the CCTS model for the signature extension found in this directory:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/common/
  (UBL-CommonSignatureComponents-2.1.ods only)

... then Crane-ods2ublgc.xsl will create the equivalent to:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/mod/UBL-Signature-Entities-2.1.gc

Next, if you use the created two genericode files above, then the Crane-gc2ublndr package will create the XML-equivalent XSD expressions to those found in these directories:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/xsd
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/xsdrt

As a local test you can perform the above transformations and compare the results to find them XML-equivalent to the UBL committee distribution files in UBL 2.1.

With these tools in hand, you can now create your own extension schemas and additional document schemas for UBL. First you model the information in CCTS and then create the schemas using these free tools.

Remember that you do not need to use spreadsheets to create the CCTS model expression in genericode. You can use any tool you wish to do the modeling, provided that the CCTS information is exported in the neutral genericode.

Note that the NDR checking that is currently implemented in the gc2ublndr package conforms to the old NDR 2.0 and not (yet!) to the new NDR 3.0:

  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-6

The new NDR 3.0 summarizes the approach of using the neutral intermediate format, including which columns are mandatory (there are many columns of documentary information in the UBL spreadsheets).

Please let me know (off list) if you have any problems recreating the outputs from the inputs, but from my regression on both BSD and DOS I am getting the equivalent results.

I hope this is considered helpful.

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |