ubl-dev message

Subject: Revised tools converting CCTS 2.01 models following UBL NDR 3.0 into XSD schemas and CVA assertions

Fellow UBL-Dev members,

For those of you working with CCTS 2.01 models and following the new UBL NDR 3.0 to create XSD schemas and CVA assertions, I have just posted updates to the latest freely-downloadable versions of software to create the artefacts. This can be used to create validation artefacts for custom extensions for UBL or custom additional documents that complement UBL. I use them myself to create the validation artefacts in the OASIS UBL Technical Committee and the OASIS Business Document Exchange (BDXR) Technical Committee.

As documented in the UBL NDR 3.0, genericode can be used as a tool-independent expression of the components of a CCTS 2.01 model:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-NDR/v3.0/UBL-NDR-v3.0.html

The UBL committee uses OpenDocument Spreadsheets (.ods files) as the way to collaborate regarding the document model contents, and the tool that does this collaboratively online is Google Docs. Here is an empty CCTS spreadsheet with which to start creating your own document models by saving a copy to your own Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZdrFDY1uWVPjdFGmewAEO9zzZ4Qrp5sa19rdG8IcfQ4/view

Here is the CCTS spreadsheet for UBL 2.1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iqF8O626Fefd7wSHoXVkiZ15IbdkC3PeKNqjS7Ztbig/view

Here is the CCTS spreadsheet for the BDXR Business Document Envelope (BDE):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NE5XNAReiiI0AfZD1uWB2x5gCzU4BKI23gUdGrvpEGk/view

Here is an overview of the use of Google Docs as a collaborative environment for CCTS models and creating extensions to UBL or additional documents for your UBL deployment:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RSvewwdS-lp4sl-gYHI5gjNxrgXXqCc5wuA6UI5hhWA/view

These are the free tools you can use, first to export genericode from a saved .ods file, and then to create the validation artefacts from the genericode:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#ods2ublgc
http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#gc2ublndr

In the gc2ublndr package there is a stylesheet that checks your genericode-expressed document models against the CCTS constraints of the UBL NDR 3.0, and also checks for violating any backward-compatibility with a previous version of the document models.

Please let me know on-list if you have any questions regarding the roles of these tools, so I can answer the questions for all. Any problems experienced with the tools should be directed to me off-list.

p.s. we have here an RSS feed for notifications of updates to all of our free resources:

http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/crane-resources.rss

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |